Opportunities for Bed Liner Materials (spray coatings)
Don’t lose out on the ability to increase your revenue dramatically. If you run or own a spray on truck bed liner business, it is worth your time to read this article and look at growing your business.
Spray lining materials and coatings are used in industrial, agricultural, aero, marine and other technical applications. The main difference between spraying bed liners versus other types of jobs is volume of materials applied in a job.
Types of Bed Liner Applicators:
Small Auto Shops
- They send customers to other shops for Bedliner applications and find value in doing it in-house
- These guys are tired of losing part of their sale dollars and see synergy and return on an investment in a dealership
- The business has open bays and want to add to their reputation by offering A new service
- These businesses have some other primary business function related to lining or coating
- They cover ground and know that they have the ability handle extra jobs
- In some cases the owner is doing the work
- These owners are knowledgeable in their business and learn quickly
- These car auto dealerships see the benefit of having a competitive bedliner company that competes with Rhino, Line-x and Speedliner
- They have multiple bays in the shop and have man power to do the work
- Quality bed liners sprayed on attract customers & helps auto sales or trade in value
Why Bed Liners are Such a Popular Item
Rhino lining came about to provide a solution to disenfranchised disenchanted body shops, relying on insurance for their income where laws reduced payouts on claims. Insurance changes hurt collision based companies. This negatively affected the income of many shops.
The times of these claims changes i.e. direct repair programs or steering laws, the early 90’s, inspired Russell Lewis to depart from the original rhino from South Africa and open as rhino linings in NA. Hence the Spray Bedliner market opened up mainly via collision shops needs to supplement lost revenue or expand. Since this was the primary focus, there has been little information produced about crossing over into other major markets.
The Spray Lining & Coating Opportunities
Like any business, diversification is important. To have 3 revenue streams in a business is just one way of guaranteeing success over the long haul. The bedliner aspect of business in itself has 2 major markets. The only reason a company would NOT go after these other markets is because they are satisfying their revenue goals in their primary market and the bedliner side business.
If your business relies on bed liners for the primary source of income, there is no reason NOT to try and enter the other customer, industrial and agricultural markets. One or two jobs a month can potentially double your cash flow if you are doing less than 40 beds per month.
bedliner sprayer (spray-lining and coatings) has seen this opportunity for growth and helps bring products training and support to those who are willing to take the next step. With an extremely versatile application material, an applicator can easily go from a spray bedliner job to a silo lining, flooring or marine job. This is a key benefit to having a flexible application process which spray-lining focuses on.
If you have the inclination of starting a bed liner business or already have a successful shop, use this industry to your advantage to gain leverage. You can increase your exposure as a business, diversify your revenue and step up your game.